By Allen Glass
Watch out if your partner
- Is so crazy about you he wants to settle in as soon as you meet.
- Is incredibly jealous. Your partner should not be accusing you of flirting with everyone you encounter.
- You are always tired because he keeps you up at night.
- You’re always explaining to people “I can’t go.”
- Your anxiety soars if you’re just a few minutes late — you know how upset he’ll be.
- Things are always your fault.
- You get a lot of apology emails or make-up gifts.
- You find you don’t do anything without him or her.
Advance Signs of Trouble:
- You find out your partner had a violent relationship with a former partner.
- Your partner stalks you — at work, online, with GPS in your car.
- Your partner has been physically violent in the past, to people or animals.
- Your friend starts saying s/he can’t come to things you invite her to because of the partner.
- Your friend is always on-edge about returning the partner’s messages immediately or being late to meet the partner.
- Your friend’s bruises or scratches can’t be explained or tells you they were caused by an accident.
- Your friend stops doing things s/he loved before meeting the partner — hobbies, shopping, school, even working.